Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week Four-Reflection of Readings, Videos, Activities

There are times in your personal and working life that you go  'AHA!'.  I reached that moment this week.  As I was reading the selections, listening to the videos, reflecting over past workshops I have been in this year, links began for me as a teacher, facilitator and for my future classroom redesign.  Collaborating in google docs has wheels turning in my head about how I can make this happen in my math classroom.  I just need some lap tops or IPADS yes, about 10, well for now the work stations will have to do.  Assigning partners to work with not in the class, not in the school, but somewhere in the state to work on an assigned math project. So onward I pursue to find such students in the world and what project would I have them do.  I truly believe my students will love this.

Implementing math in collaboration will take some creative lesson planning.  I mean after all, we do teach math computation as an individual skill development.  I can see teaching probability and statistics collaboratively much easier than area and perimeter.  Maybe looking through some project based learning activities will give me some ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment